Louisiana Accident Attorneys
If you have suffered an injury, do not hesitate to contact an accident attorney in New Orleans at Irpino, Avin & Hawkins Law Firm. Our Louisiana accident attorney can investigate the situation to find out whether negligence or recklessness played a part. Our attorney will listen to you and can offer advice about what you can do next. If you have a legal claim or need to negotiate with your insurance company to get a fair settlement, our Louisiana accident lawyer may be able to stay by your side to help you fight for justice.
Where and How Accidents Happen
There many types of accidents that can lead to legal claims filed by a New Orleans accident claim lawyer:
- Car accidents — Auto accidents are the more common types of accidents that lead to serious injuries and legal claims. These accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, such as speeding, ignorance of signage or even drunk driving. In these cases, especially if there was an injury, an extensive web of accounts, interests, and reports arise.
- Truck accidents — Large commercial trucks carry tens of thousands of pounds of cargo, which makes a potential accident especially dangerous. In an accident caused by poor maintenance, a driver under training or drunk driving, truck accidents can cause catastrophic injuries that claim lives or cause permanent injury. Truck drivers may also fall victim, as accidents are often caused by impatient car and van drivers trying to swerve around the big trucks. Other parties could also be at fault, for example, if the departure facility did not properly check everything. Bus accidents, train accidents and other large vehicle accidents are similarly dangerous.
- Helicopter accidents — Aircraft accidents, including airplane and helicopter accidents, often leave passengers severely injured. In these cases, it’s always important to investigate to see whether poor maintenance, lack of pilot training or other preventable causes contributed to the accident.
- Motorcycle Accidents — Motorcycle accidents can be especially dangerous for the rider since they do not have the protection of a surrounding car. Not only are motorcycles drivers more likely to be injured in an accident, but they also have a higher fatality rate.
- Property related accidents — Accidents can occur on properties as well. For example, landlords or condo management companies may fail to provide safe common areas, leading to assault or violence. In other cases, business owners don’t properly maintain their property or fail to properly warn visitors about dangers, leading to serious accidents, muggings and other unfortunate incidents.
- Maritime accidents — Residents in New Orleans are well aware of the dangers of the water. Each year, people are seriously injured or killed in maritime accidents, boating accidents and other water-related incidents. In some cases, these so-called accidents are in fact preventable. They are caused by negligent conditions or recklessness on the part of boat owners, cruise ship operators and other parties.
- Workplace accidents — Being injured on the job can be devastating. It can leave you unable to advance in your career, without an income and with increasing medical bills. Employers have a duty to make workplaces safe for workers. When they don’t, they could find themselves facing a lawsuit.
The New Orleans accident compensation claims lawyers at Irpino, Avin & Hawkins Law Firm have worked with many clients who have been seriously injured. In many cases, our team of investigators has found that these accidents were caused by egregious negligence or recklessness. If you are seeking a NOLA accident lawyer or an attorney anywhere in Louisiana, contact Irpino, Avin & Hawkins Law Firm to find what our team of Louisiana accident attorneys can do for you.