Written by developer on May 4, 2016Many types of injuries can occur due to toxic chemicals and exposure to these toxins. For example:
- Contamination of soil and groundwater due to chemicals and wastes can lead to cancers, birth defects and other serious illnesses. Contamination of water can also lead to outbreaks of E. coli and other illnesses.
- Exposure to black mold and other types of mold can lead to respiratory problems, migraines, allergic reactions and irritation.
- Asbestos exposure can lead to the development of a cancer known as mesothelioma. Mesothelioma usually occurs decades after exposure happens, attacking the li... Read more
Written by developer on April 20, 2016If you've gone to the doctor or to a hospital to get medical treatment and ended up injured or suffering even more because of a medical error or misdiagnosis, you may assume you have a medical malpractice claim. This is not always the case. Medical malpractice claims are a type of personal injury claim stemming from negligent or wrongful action on behalf of any health practitioner. However, in order to have a medical malpractice claim, you must be able to prove:
- A doctor or healthcare professional was negligent or reckless when treating you, acting in a way that is not standard or... Read more
Written by developer on April 6, 2016April is distracted driving awareness month, so it’s a good time to review driving safety. Many people think distracted driving is simply using a mobile device or texting while driving. In reality, experts define distracted driving as anything that:
- Takes your eyes off the road
- Keeps your hands off the wheel
- Distracts your mind from the task of driving
- Eating and drinking
- Setting your dashboard controls or changing the music
Written by developer on March 30, 2016If you have lost someone you love, of course their death feels wrong. You may feel angry, hurt, upset and devastated. However, not every death is considered a “wrongful death” in the eyes of the law. In the court system, you can pursue a “wrongful death” claim only if a liable party was negligent and their negligence led to the death. Do I Have A "Wrongful Death" Claim? Wrongful death claims can arise in cases of murder or in cases where recklessness leads to a death. For example, if a fatality occurs as a result of a car accident or medical malpractice, you may have a claim. If so... Read more
Written by developer on March 16, 2016Brain Injury Awareness Month March is brain injury awareness month and it’s a great month to get serious about concussions and brain injuries. They are much more common than you might think. About 2.4 million Americans sustain traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) each year and an additional 795,000 sustain non-traumatic injuries known as acquired brain injuries (ABIs). Do You Know the Signs of Brain Injury? Would you know what to do if you or a loved one sustaine... Read more