Pearl A. Robertson
Pearl Robertson is a partner at Irpino Avin & Hawkins based in New Orleans, Louisiana. Her practice focuses on mass tort and/or class action litigation, including products liability, consumer class action, drug and device litigation, and public nuisance. Most of her work relates to pre-trial discovery matters, including ESI disputes, confidentiality challenges, and privilege negotiations and challenges.
Since 2018 Pearl and founding partner Anthony Irpino have led the privilege and confidentiality committees in MDL 2804 (In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation), resulting in more than 30 published privilege rulings. More recently, Pearl was appointed to the discovery committee to lead privilege and confidentiality in MDL 3014 (Philips Recalled CPAP, BI-LEVEL PAP, and Mechanical Ventilator Products Litigation) and appointed to the PSC and leads privilege efforts in MDL 3026 (In Re: Abbott Laboratories, et al., Preterm Infant Nutrition Products Liability Litigation).
Ms. Robertson is recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in the area of class action and mass torts and by National Trial Lawyers Top 100. Her professional affiliations include memberships in the American Bar Association (ABA), American Association of Justice (AAJ), Complex Litigation e-Discovery Forum (CLEF) and Sedona Conference. Ms. Robertson is barred in Louisiana and admitted to practice in the Eastern and Middle Districts of Louisiana, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
- In re: National Prescription Opiate Litigation, MDL 2804 – Active Case
- In re: Philips Recalled CPAP, Bi-Level PAP, and Mechanical Ventilator Products Litigation, MDL 3014 – Active Case
- In re: Chinese-Manufactured Drywall Litigation, MDL 2047
- In re: Roundup Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2741 (*while working as an attorney at Weitz & Luxenberg)
- In re: Xarelto (Rivarobaxin) Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2592)
- In re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” (MDL 2179)